Monday, November 12, 2007

This little light of mine

Usually I surf through web sites, hang out at the bike shops, and create comparison charts of any new tool for my bike. I had been doing this for about a year with the decision to buy a light for night riding. After no real consensus on my own, I went to my trusted bike shop and went with their recommendation. After using a $30 light I got from Performance Bike, I was blown away by this one - Light and Motion's Stella 180-L. The guys on the November ride were impressed as well. They were not too impressed on my lack of knowledge in the specs, so here they are:

LED: High-Ouput LED (10,000 hours)

The Stella features multiple power settings, giving its user between 5.0 and 20.0 hours of usable light. The Stella also has a Read Mode (40 hrs.), a flash Mode (100+ hrs.), and low battery warning/auto shut off.

Light Output (lumens)/ Burn time (hrs.)
180 lumens / 5:0 hrs (High)
120 lumens / 10:0 hrs (Med)
70 lumens / 20:0 hrs (Low)
40 lumens / 40:0 hrs (Read Mode)
100:0 hrs (Flash setting)

A good review can be found here:
http://www.competitivecyclist.com/mountain-bikes/review-lights/Light---Motion-Stella-180-N-Light.222.html

On our December ride maybe we can do some comparison pictures to post up on the blog after the ride or at least have a group review of each.

No comments: