Monday, November 12, 2007

No Such Thing as Bad Weather...

The November ride went pretty well. It was our first really cold day of the season, but I survived. I immediately went home and unboxed all of my winter bike clothes so now I am ready for the ride in December. If you can't afford expensive gear, then layer what you can for the winter. Sam's Club sells cuddl duds which I am now addicted to wearing. They are not too bad as a base layer for short rides. I have also heard of others finding some winter sports clothes in resale shops (even better if they have reflection) The picture is of a cycling buddy I met at Festivelo last winter in South Carolina. He was prepared for anything!

The good and the bad of using last winter's clothing: Good - from all the biking, I am a bit smaller than the clothes now. Bad - I want to buy new clothes (maybe that's a good thing as well?)

The bonus about winter rides is that you can enjoy less traffic on the trails, paths, and roads. With the right clothes and the right gear, you will have a blast. My LCI seminar instructor once said "There is no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing"

Well said, o great one.

The next CRITICAL MANNERS RIDE:
When: Wednesday, December 5th at 4:30 PM
Where: Arts Center front parking lot
Bicycle helmets required
Lights are recommended(especially if you join us for dinner at an area restaurant)

No comments: